Firstly, Are you mad?
The marathon distance of 26.2 miles takes preparation and time to complete before, during and after the event. Yes, there are further distances you can but the marathon does hold a certain appeal that in my opinion can’t beat.
Last time I completed a marathon I didn’t put the training in so I have unfinished business and a 5 hours 38 minute marathon to beat. Next time it will be different and I will put the training in the complete and enjoy it.
I did however compile so good webpages that helped with my training including training plans, podcasts to listen to and tips for recovery.
1. 3 day training plan-
2. 16 week training plans-
3. Marathon training advice-
4. Marathon race time predictor
5. Marathon Talk
Recovery after the marathon
6. Recovering from a marathon
7. Recovering from a marathon http://m.active.com/running/Articles/3-Phases-of-Post-Marathon-Recovery
8. Reverse taper recovery plan http://www.drpribut.com/sports/mararthonrecov.html
9. Recovery plan for Ladies.
I hope you find these useful and if you have any better suggestions then please let me know.
Al the best,
Titan Storage Solutions & Leamington Hour and Grow Leamington